Directory

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Music Art

I've been doing some music-related art for some awesome people, primarily my roommate Rtist, and awesome Norwegian musician, Binärpilot.

Here is some of the artwork I've been doing for both of them, as well as some links to their stuff.

-------------

Below is the base artwork for Rtist's "University on Fire" for the project he's called Soul Searching. Being his roommate, I'm constantly hearing the mixes and work that goes into it, so I'm a little biased, but I like it. I also get to work with someone on creating art. Doubleplus!

You can find the download site through this shortened link: http://dft.ba/-3Tz
For now this is a temporary link, and he hopes to allow the downloads on a more "stable" site. Being his roommate, I should have the replacement link before anyone notices it's down.


This was using GIMP once again, and my tablet. The lens flare was added the very last on my end, (on GIMP, if you can believe it), and I dig it a whole bunch.
Here's the version he put out with the song (which is downloaded with the song in the link above).


I also did an alternative version, which was more of my vision than my roommate's. If you prefer this version, then when you download the song you can grab this one and swap it out on iTunes. I think with all of the covers I'll do at least two versions, unless both of our visions are one.


I sketched out the emblem on GIMP, but then built the whole image in Inkscape.

----------

These are "bumper cards" for Binärpilot's music video of "Underground" off of his new album, Nordland. I've been pretty active about spreading the album, so I did a review for it, and he asked me to do artwork for him on the music video. Also, you can order a hardcopy of the album here.

First off, here's the video for the song:



And below is the artwork:

If you've seen some of my latest posts, especially this one, then you know I'm really into black-and-white graphics at the moment (while still dabbling with color).



Both of these were sketched and worked out in GIMP, and then touched up in Inkscape, especially the word and "record-ball" in Underground, and the screen on the monitor.

Have a great Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment