Directory

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Artsy updates

Last week I got a letter (and check) from the Museum of Northwest Art for my piece selling at this year's art auction back in June. In the letter was the buyer's name and address, as she didn't opt to remain anonymous.
That evening I sat down, took out my typewriter, and wrote her a letter explaining the ideas and history of the piece she bought--Gashes: A Stitch in Time. I like to make an effort to make contact with the people that end up buying my art, to show my appreciation.


She has since received the letter, found me on Facebook, and emailed me saying she's going to type a response on her typewriter. I also noticed I was in the background of one of her Facebook pictures from the auction. (In a non-creepy way, I just happened to be in the crowd at that moment). Very interesting turn of events, and now I'm contemplating going to see her gallery in Port Townsend in the next few weeks.

Also, anxiously awaiting for her manually-typed response.

And contemplating my next piece of art to do. I have a lot of ideas, but sometimes the sheer amount just stuns me from actually starting any of them.


No comments:

Post a Comment