Directory

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

About Me...Really

I am Alexander Kramer, born in New Mexico, and moved up to the Northwest in the last five years. I've acclimated very well, and love the weather. Even though Seattle is known for its constant rain (it really doesn't rain that much), I really miss New Mexico thunder and lightning storms. And the snow--seriously, New Mexico gets more snow per year than where I am.

Since I could hold a marker, I have been constantly drawing--on everything. It wasn't until seventh grade when I actually started getting serious about it and trying to find my technique. This also happened to be the time I got really into Japanese and watching anime. I've noticed this to be a very common behavior with creative people around my age. (Left is a vector of a friend)

I have what some people might call "a lust for books." Growing up the terms "nerd" and "geek" were used in grade school as bad things. In high school, it was accepted and a good thing.

My favorite author is Ray Bradbury. Along with Chuck Palahniuk and Anne Rice. Of course, the list goes on and on, but why should I bore you on the first post?

My taste for music is very wide and tolerant. The only thing I can't handle is really hardcore rap. I have an appreciation of music, and respect for bands: I try to get hard copies of albums whenever I have the choice.

I am fresh out of high school, and am currently working at a library, art museum, and as a freelance writer. I continue to practice my artistic talents, but not as often as I'd like. Portraits have been my focus for the last year and a half, and I keep experimenting with practically everything else--from vectors and renders to watercolor and collages.

If you're curious, my art is posted on DeviantArt

My other blog, SeattleWhispers is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment