Directory

Friday, July 9, 2010

Mo'-Fishtown

I got my copy of Fishtown and the Skagit River early because I will be out of the region for the exhibit's opening reception and book release tomorrow night.

If you're interested, the opening reception is 3 to 7 p.m. Saturday night at the Museum of Northwest Art on First Street in La Conner.

Here's a peak at the book, available for $15 (I'll provide a link if/when it goes onto Amazon).

You can email the Museum to order a book, or call Kathy Harmon @ (360) 466-4446 ext. 112

Magnificent use of David King's 1979 photo of Fishtown (at least one of the shacks) on the cover. The book is 8 in. x 10 in.

David King's 1979 photo of Dodge near Fishtown. On the right is a perfect example of the collaborations that happened in Fishtown: The poem The Diamond Vehicle was composed by Charles Krafft, the image was drawn by Bo Miller, and Steve Herold wrote the calligraphy. The poem/graphic was used in Cow Tales, a poem compilation with lots of collaborations.

-Enjoy!

These are just snaps I took of the book, I do not own them in anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment